15 reasons to date a chef
Chatting to a chef but not sure if you should put all your eggs in one basket?
Here’s 15 reasons why they might have have all the ingredients you need for the perfect relationship:
- Food is a great conversation starter – if you’re stuck for things to say on a first date with a chef you can just ask them about their latest dish.
- Dating a chef means you can forego the first-date salad – they’ll appreciate someone who enjoys their food.
- Chefs are adventurous – no surprise considering all the experimenting they do in the kitchen
- Speaking of experimentation, dating a chef means you’ll gets to be their guinea pig while they perfect a new recipe – we can think of worse jobs!
- Being in a relationship with a chef means staying in for dinner won’t feel like much of a sacrifice…
- But when you do head out, they’ll know the best places to find the tastiest food.
- Chefs are creative. After all, it takes someone who can think outside the box to turn a bunch of ingredients into something new and delicious (without the help of Jamie or Delia).
- Chefs can work pretty long hours, so they’re a great person to date if you value your independence. Plus, it means the time you spend together will be always be that little bit sweeter too.
- As it takes a lot of guts to cook for a chef, you’d be surprised by how much they’ll appreciate it when you cook for them (even if they do give you a few suggestions for improvements).
- Think of the things you’ll learn along the way – just make sure you’re looking over their shoulder next time they’re in the kitchen so you can pick up a trick or two.
- Chefs tend to appreciate the finer things in life, so you won’t be leading an austere life when it comes to the things that make you happy (even if that’s just a square of really good chocolate).
- Chefs are patient. Whether it’s a cake in the oven or a sauce on the boil, they know when to wait and give things the time they need.
- If the way to a person’s heart is through their stomach, your friends will love your new partner.
- Think of the breakfast in bed.
- We’ve all seen ‘The F Word’, chefs are passionate – enough said.
Would you consider dating a chef? Or maybe you already are – have we missed anything? Tell us in the comments below or tweet us @eHarmonyuk
If this article gave you the confidence to find your match, try eHarmony today!Join Now