Passion Foods – Top 5 Aphrodisiac Ingredients to Ignite the Spark
At eHarmony we know there’s so much more to a relationship than just the physical. But when you’re both ready to take your dating to the next level then a good meal can be the perfect things to help heat things up. We asked dating expert Sasha Wowesny for her top ingredients to fuel the fires of love.
You could fill the London Eye five times with the number of people who tweeted that they loved to cook for themselves (if you’re interested the exact number is 3,951). So instead of battling the crowds and taking blurry pictures in a cramped capsule, try a great alternative date idea and show off your culinary skills.
Inviting a date to your home is the perfect way to move things along after the first few dates. When you open up your abode, you invite them to see more of your personality and you get a great opportunity to get to know them in a more intimate environment. Don’t squander the opportunity and make it even more exciting by introducing some natural aphrodisiac foods to the menu!
Before you begin, remember you might not be Jamie Oliver or Nigella Lawson, so you don’t have to be a hero in the kitchen. Spending hours slaving over an exotic meal after traipsing around six different specialty food outlets for that perfect rare ingredient puts too much pressure on you, and the risk that something will go wrong outweighs the time spent creating the dish. The good news is that foods rich in aphrodisiac properties are readily available in your local grocery store and can be added to, or can be a part of, almost any basic meal.
Here are my top five aphrodisiac foods that are a sure-fire way to create some heat on your date.
- Basil: this cheap herb is available everywhere. It’s said to increase sex drive and fertility. So why not sprinkle some fresh basil on a tomato soup starter?
- Avocado: the Aztecs called the avocado tree “Ahuacuatl” which translates to “testicle tree”! The nutrients carried in the avocado, such as vitamin E, beta carotene, and magnesium, are essential for sexual health as they stimulate sexual desire. Make your own guacamole to pile on top of some homemade tacos or a tempting plate of nachos. This fun meal idea opts for a more relaxed atmosphere.
- Watermelon: eating watermelon increases your nitric oxide levels which opens up the blood vessels and speeds up circulation. This leads to increased arousal, which is good news for everyone involved. Large quantities of watermelon can be a major ingredient in many pre-dinner homemade cocktails; all you need is a blender!
- Chocolate: yes, chocolate! Eating the very dark stuff, which is rich in cocoa, produces the hormone serotonin. This is the same chemical that your body releases during sex. You don’t have to eat much of it either to realise the benefits, so be creative, perhaps with a fondue or a couple of squares with an after dinner coffee. It even goes great in a hearty chilli!
- Truffles: if you really want to impress, and aren’t afraid to splash some cash, add some truffles to the menu. It’s believed that their scent serves as an attractant to the opposite sex. A great tip is to top your main meal with some truffle shavings. That should be enough to entrance, but not overwhelm, your date.
If all of this is on your menu, not only will you impress your date with these flavoursome ingredients, but the extra help from these foods may turn a good night into a great night! To make sure you don’t have any disasters on the night, best check your kitchen equipment is up to scratch; if it isn’t, check out Currys PC World’s Cookers Buying Guide.
If this article gave you the confidence to find your match, try eHarmony today!Join Now