Ten great autumn dates – part one
As the nights draw in and the weather gets a bit gloomier, you might find date inspiration a little harder to come by. So, when it’s time for you to take someone special out, we’ve got ten fun, autumn-friendly ideas for you to choose from.
Got a great idea we haven’t listed? Let us know, and we might feature it in next month’s newsletter.
1. Sample the great outdoors (and indoors): The temperature might be falling but that’s no excuse not to enjoy some fresh air together. If you’re a city dweller, pick a local park and admire the autumn leaves before stopping off for a warming hot chocolate. If you live in a more rural area, plan a short country walk, and rejuvenate at a lovely pub (preferably with an open fire).
2. Get cultural: If it really is too chilly to be wandering around outside, then plan your date around a visit to an art exhibition or a museum. There are hundreds of places that are free to enter across the UK, so this is a great option if you’re on a budget. Plus, even if you both think what’s on display is pretentious modern art, you’ll certainly have something to talk about.
3. Experience fireworks: Fireworks aren’t just for Bonfire Night; there are lots of displays all over the country as the nights get longer. Fireworks tend to bring out the big kid in all of us, and coupled with some mulled wine they can create a really romantic atmosphere.
4. Try a movie night with a twist: If you and your date are at the comfortable stage, a night in with a DVD and dinner can be a lovely (and cheap) date. To make it a bit more interesting, try a theme, such as Italy: watching Life Is Beautiful and eating home-made calzone.
5. Go sophisticated: An evening spent wine tasting can be a great way to get to know your date. It’s also more refined than the standard ‘few drinks in a local bar’ option – and it can be surprisingly inexpensive. Just make sure your date likes wine first.
If this article gave you the confidence to find your match, try eharmony today!Join Now