Why a French restaurant is the perfect first date spot
Choosing the perfect first date location can tough, but you can’t go wrong with a French restaurant. We asked our friends at Café Rouge to explain why
1 .It’s effortlessly romantic
There’s something about a French restaurant – no matter where it is in the world – that is inherently romantic. Maybe it’s the associations with Paris, an effortlessly romantic city itself, or maybe it’s the intimate atmosphere of a classic French bistro. With wooden furniture, low lighting, and accents of red, each Café Rouge restaurant offers the kind of rustic charm that is perfectly suited to a first date.
2 .The food is excellent…
French cuisine is internationally-acclaimed, and for good reason! Think high-quality, fresh ingredients, cooking techniques that have been honed over generations, and classic flavour combinations that will stand the test of time. Whether you schedule a lunchtime date or three-course evening meal, your date is sure to be impressed.
3. …And there’s something for everyone
Whatever your taste, French restaurants offer something for everyone. At Café Rouge, traditional dishes such as steak frites, Poulet Breton, and croque monsieur share the menu with Angus beef burgers and a crab and avocado tian. Vegetarians are well-catered to as well; options include crepe aux champignons, with chestnut mushrooms, leeks, and a combination of cheeses, and a delicately-spiced Moroccan vegetable tagine, suitable for vegans too!
4. You can show off your wine knowledge
It’s natural to want to impress on a first date and happily, French restaurants make it easy with their excellent wine lists. You really can’t go wrong. Choose a crisp Sauvignon Blanc or full-bodied Pinot Noir and your date certainly won’t be disappointed. And if it’s a special occasion (or a very good first date) what better way to splash out than with a bottle of Champagne?
5. French is the language of love
The French accent was recently voted the second most attractive accent in the world (after English) so don’t be surprised if your date gets a little distracted when your waiter starts listing the specials. After all, a study by eharmony found that one in five people would go on a date with someone because they like their accent. Our advice? Practice that pronunciation ahead of time – articulating those French food names perfectly is guaranteed to score points!
6. You’ll be in good company
If you’ve not had the chance to visit Café Rouge yet but the name sounds familiar, then you could be a fan of one literary heroine in particular. The French restaurant chain has 77 locations across the UK but Notting Hill resident Bridget Jones likely would have frequented its Victoria branch. Yes, London’s most famous fictional singleton and her friends were always popping in for a glass of Chardonnay. So, whether you’re on a first date or hanging out with your own gang, you’ll be in good company.
Ready to give it a try? Subscribe to eharmony between 20th – 24th April and you’ll receive £30 to spend at Café Rouge. Sign up and start planning the perfect first date today.
Terms & Conditions
- The Café Rouge Promotion (the “Promotion”) is sponsored by eHarmony UK Ltd. The promotion will start on April 20th 2018 at 12:00 am BST and end on April 24th 2018 at 11:59 pm BST (“Promotion Period”).
- Open to legal United Kingdom residents who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry, and otherwise eligible to register to the eHarmony service.
- This Promotion is not open to employees, officers, directors of eHarmony (the “Sponsor”) and its parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, and their respective families, or anyone connected with this promotion, including the third party promotional partners.
- Enter this Promotion by successfully subscribing to eHarmony in the Promotion Period to receive a £30 voucher from Café Rouge (https://www.caferouge.com/)
- The voucher will only be sent out after the 14 Day cooling off period if the member has NOT received a refund.
- Limit 1 entry per person
- Voucher only for use by eHarmony customers.
- The code cannot be transferred, duplicated or sold and there is no cash value
- The promotion code cannot be combined with any other codes or promotions
- Present a valid offer code to your server to receive £30 to spend on the A La Carte Menu. Please print out a copy of the voucher and bring it with you when you dine. Alternatively, you can show the code on your phone.
- Your code will be checked against a live database and incorrect or previously used codes will not be accepted. Your code can only be used once and has no cash value.
- This offer is valid every day from 12pm and applies to all starters, mains, steaks, lighter bites, sides, desserts and sharing boards.
- Valid until 31 August 2018.
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer, voucher, set menu, breakfast menu, Afternoon Tea, Gourmet Society card, DDS card or Tesco Clubcard points or tokens.
- Not valid on bank holidays.
- Not valid at Center Parcs, Rapide by Café Rouge Euston, airport locations and on special events or on event days at the O2 (Greenwich O2 only), the Principality Stadium (Cardiff only) and Murrayfield (Edinburgh only).
- Not valid on Deliveroo / takeaway orders.
If this article gave you the confidence to find your match, try eHarmony today!Join Now