Discover Fire, Food and Festivities at Gwledd Conwy Feast
Are you hungry for an alternative date destination? Do you have a thirst for adventure and spectacle? Then grab your partner and head to the Welsh coast this October for revelry and romance at Gwledd Conwy Feast.
Held annually, this celebration of the finest in food and drink attracts thousands of happy visitors, keen to whet their appetites and join the festivities on the banks of the River Conwy, beneath the walls of the town’s ancient castle.
This year the feast, which takes place on Saturday October 25 and Sunday October 26, will also be celebrating the centenary of Dylan Thomas’s birth and you can expect plenty of fireworks, fire juggling and dancing to add to the spectacle.
Director Fiona Trappe said: “”Gwledd Conwy Feast is an ideal setting for a date; it suits all types, although perhaps if you are looking for a quiet secluded spot, then maybe not advisable!
“Joking aside, the event, set within the medieval walled town and stunning quayside is definitely worth a visit. Now in its 11th year it has grown to become a significant event worth over £1.4m to the local economy”
As well as a mouth-watering menu the festival also features a selection of arts and crafts, including the Hiraeth exhibition, curated with the Natural Building Centre, in nearby Llanrwst, which turns the spotlight on rural crafts by presenting them in an artistic context.
Elsewhere, local community groups have teamed up with professional artists to fuse food with history and create a special banquet that represents food through the ages.
In the demonstration kitchens, local chef-turned-celebrity Bryn Williams will be joined by Cardiff’s Great British Bake Off contestant Beca Lyne-Pirkis and star of S4C’s Becws, along with chefs from some of the area’s best eateries.
If all the great food has you working up a thirst then you can drop by the Champagne and Prosecco tasting event with wine writers Andrew Campbell and Jane Clare.
Add a little Welsh flavour to your date this autumn with a trip to Gwledd Conwy Feast.
For tickets and more information see www.conwyfeast.co.uk or you could win a pair of tickets with our RT to win competition. Simply head over to our Twitter page and RT the right tweet to win. Full terms and conditions below.
EHARMONY UK RE-TWEET PROMOTION
- The Re-Tweet Promotion is sponsored by eHarmony UK LTD. The competition ends at midnight on Sunday October 19, 2014.
- Open to legal UK residents onlywho are at least 18 years old at the time of entry.
- This promotion is not open to employees, officers, directors of eHarmony (the “Sponsor”) and its parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, and their respective families, or anyone connected with this promotion, including the third party promotional partners.
- Enter this promotion by re-tweeting the applicable tweet from the eHarmony UK Twitter page.
- Limit 1 entry per person.
- Entries deemed inappropriate or ineligible, as determined at Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be disqualified.
- Sponsor will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant’s ability to participate in the competition. IN NO EVENT WILL THE SPONSOR BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE INTERNET SITES OR APPLICATIONS, eHarmony.co.uk and Twitter.com, THE DOWNLOADING FORM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITES OR APPLICATIONS.
- A potential winner will be selected within 3 business days of the end date of the promotion
- The prize will be described in the applicable Tweet.
- The potential winner will be announced on eHarmony UK’s Twitter page and will have 2 days to respond from the time such notification is issued or the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected.
- Sponsor will select winner by random drawing from among all eligible entries received. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received by the end date. The drawing will be conducted by the Sponsor, whose decisions on all matters related to these official rules shall be final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
- There is no cash or other alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions.
- Winner’s name, email address and contact number will be requested for prize fulfillment and will be passed to a third party provider for prize arrangement. The winner will then be notified of further details.
- Twitter is not a sponsor of this promotion.
If this article gave you the confidence to find your match, try eHarmony today!Join Now