15 reasons to date a redhead
12th January is Kiss a Ginger Day! And while we wouldn’t advise grabbing the next flame-haired person who walks past you, we would urge you to consider dating a redhead. Here are 15 reasons why
1. They are a rare breed
Redheads only represent up to 4% of the world’s population.
2. In fact, red hair and blue eyes is the most unique combination in the world
3. Ginger beards
When they grow a beard you know it will always match their hair!
4. They have a reputation for being fiery and passionate
What’s not to love?
5. They have a great sense of humour
Unfortunately, red hair often attracts unkind jokes in the school playground. However, this will mean your redheaded partner will have grown up being able to give as good as they get!
6. They’re sensitive and strong
Scientific studies have suggested that people with ginger hair have a higher pain threshold for stinging pain but are more sensitive to the cold than brunettes or blondes.
7. They have some great representation throughout history
Cleopatra and Helen of Troy are both supposed to have been redheads.
8. Their hair doesn’t turn grey
Ginger hair loses its colour slowly, turning to white or silver rather than grey.
9. They create more vitamin D
They might not tan quite as well, but redheads’ skin absorbs more sunlight meaning more essential vitamin D.
10. They stand out
Your flame-haired partner will be easy to show off in a crowd.
11. Gingers have inspired countless works of art
Think Boticelli’s The Birth of Venus or John William Waterhouse’s The Lady of Shallot.
12. They have also inspired some interesting conspiracy theories
Redheads were even believed to be vampires in medieval times.
13. They look royal
Okay, maybe only if they look like Prince Harry.
14. Christina Hendricks, Isla Fisher, Nicole Kidman, Julianne Moore…
15. …Damien Lewis, Eddie Redmayne, Ed Sheeran
If this article gave you the confidence to find your match, try eHarmony today!Join Now