Competition: Christmas Captured 2017 Official Rules
What does love mean to you at Christmas? Enter our Christmas Captured photo competition and show us how you see love this festive season
Share a photograph that represents love at Christmas time for you for your chance to win a £250 John Lewis voucher – ideal for those last minute gifts!
Whether it’s snuggling up to watch Love Actually with someone special, holding hands at the local ice rink, or sharing a kiss under the mistletoe, Christmas is inherently romantic. But what does love at Christmas look like to you? Share your favourite #ChristmasCaptured moment with us on social media for your chance to win.
Christmas Captured 2017 Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- The “Christmas Captured” competition will be accessible on eharmony.co.uk’s social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram from 1 December 2017 00.01 (the “Start Date”) until 12 December 2017 23:59 (the “End Date). There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- The competition is open to all legal residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 or over, except employees, officers, directors of eHarmony and its parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, and their respective families, or anyone connected with this competition, including the third party promotional partners.
- To enter, submit one or more photographs that represent ‘love at Christmas time’ using any or all of the following methods by the End Date: (i) tweet the photograph(s) to the eHarmony Twitter account at @eHarmonyUK and include the hashtag #ChristmasCaptured; (ii) upload the photograph to your non-private Instagram account and include the hashtag #ChristmasCaptured; or (iii) upload the photograph to your Facebook account, tag @eharmonyUK and include the hashtag #ChristmasCaptured. Entries must be the original work of the entrant and not previously published. Entries and Entrants’ social media profiles will be publicly visible on the Website.
- Entries submitted by the End Date will be entered into the competition. 3 finalists will be selected on or about 13th December 2017. The Grand Prize Winner will be selected on or about 15 December 2017. The Grand Prize Winner will be the entrant whose photograph, in the opinion of the judges, has the greatest creativity, charm and quality in depicting a romantic Christmas moment. The Grand Prize Winner will be selected at eharmony’s and the judges’ sole and absolute discretion. The Grand Prize Winner will receive the following prize: £250 John Lewis Gift Card.
- By entering, entrants confirm that they hold copyright to the submitted entries. Entrants will retain copyright in their submitted entries. However, by entering, all entrants grant eharmony a worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual licence to edit, crop, re-size, publish and use each entry in any and all media (including print and online) for publicity and marketing purposes. Such purposes will be restricted to publicity and marketing associated with this competition and future similar competitions and will, in all cases, make reference to the competition or future similar competitions. Submitted entries will not be used for publicity and marketing purposes on a standalone basis. This licence will last for five years from 1 December 2017. In exercising the rights granted by such licence, we will acknowledge that the photograph is the work of the entrant in all cases.
- The Grand Prize Winner of the competition will be notified via the social media accounts. The winner will have 48 hours from the moment such notification is issued to respond to such notification and supply an alternative contact method, email address or phone number. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If a potential winner does not reply to the notification within 48 hours of its issuance, is ineligible, or cannot or does not comply with the official rules, he/she will be disqualified, the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected.
- Entrants may submit more than one photograph.
- Entries deemed inappropriate, as determined at eharmony’s sole discretion, will be removed during the image vetting process.
- Entrants must receive prior written consent by the person(s) featured in a photograph to submit images featuring another person. Images featuring children under 16 should only be submitted by a relative of the entrant, and if the entrant is not a parent or guardian of that child, the entrant must receive prior written consent from the child’s parent or guardian to submit the image.
- There is no alternative to the prize stated and the prize is not transferable and no part or parts of the prize may be substituted.
- eharmony may refuse to accept any Entry at its absolute and sole discretion. The judges’ decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
- eharmony will not be liable for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit or prohibit an eligible entrant’s ability to participate in the competition.
- Subject to condition 13, below, by entering, all prize winners agree to allow the free use of their names, submitted photographs and general locations for publicity and news purposes during this and future promotions by eHarmony for five years from 1 December 2017.
- By providing your email address to eharmony, you agree to receive promotional/marketing emails from eharmony. You may unsubscribe from receipt of such emails at any time. Entrants acknowledge and agree that eHarmony will send winners’ personal data (email address, name, postal address if applicable) to the applicable merchants for the purpose of awarding prizes. Specific merchant terms and conditions apply, including but not limited to, the merchants’ policies on use of personal data (such as sending merchant offer emails).
- By entering, all eligible entrants agree to be bound by these official rules and we can exclude entrants and withhold any prize for any breach of these rules.
- The promoter of this competition is eHarmony UK Ltd. (“eharmony”), registered in the UK with registered office at PO Box 5904 London WC1N 3XX.
If this article gave you the confidence to find your match, try eharmony today!Join Now