11 reasons to date a single dad
Maybe you’re about to go on a date with a man you really like. He’s perfect in every way you can imagine, apart from maybe he has a small child that you’re not sure you will like/will like you.
Maybe you also have a smug friend, (who thinks she’s always right), saying “it will be too complicated, date someone with no children, why would you put yourself under unnecessary stress?” There’s a chance she’s right, (sometimes she is), but there are also loads of amazing things about dating a single dad!
Here are eleven reasons why you should give that guy a chance and prove your smug friend wrong:
- You didn’t give birth to them – here is a ready made child that you didn’t even have to push out of yourself, but that might still end up calling you Mum one day! A child AND still-perky boobs at the same time. Result.
- If you already have a child, they will have another friend to play with – instead of having to think of fun things for your child to do, they can go and play with their new ready made sibling while you snuggle up to watch a film.
- You know he can have kids – if you’re looking to get pregnant somewhere down the line, you know he’s probably a safe bet for reproduction.
- He’ll have loads of fun kids food in his house – fancy a pop tart? Spaghetti hoops on toast? You can have it all!
- Ditto kids DVDs – because sometimes we all want to watch is a Disney movie with a bucket full of popcorn.
- He’s probably not that much of a weirdo – if a woman has previously agreed to have a child with him, you know he’s hopefully relatively well adjusted.
- He’s responsible – someone has obviously trusted him with the care of a child, so he can’t be that reckless.
- A cute baby to play with – for when you want to play in the park and take selfies with a cute baby for your Instagram but with less of the responsibility.
- His car is probably big enough to go on road trips and mini breaks – no stupid sports cars that will barely hold one suitcase in the boot.
- He’s caring – if he has a child from a previous relationship that he sees a lot and makes an effort with, then he’s already more caring than anyone you’ve previously dated.
- You can go and watch kids movies at the cinema with no judgement – no one will look at you weirdly if you’re dragging his kid along with you to see Big Hero 6.
If those aren’t enough very legitimate reasons then maybe dating a single dad isn’t for you. If you think it could be fun, take a chance and see who you could meet.
If this article gave you the confidence to find your match, try eHarmony today!Join Now