Pro Tips for Taking the Perfect Profile Pic
You want your dating profile to reflect the very best of you, so it’s worth taking time to get your profile pic just right.
And who better to ask for help than expert photographer Lee Jeffries, whose touching portrait of an elderly couple sharing a tender moment bagged him first prize in our Love Captured competition earlier this year?
We asked Lee for his top 5 tips for getting the perfect profile pic, so grab your camera, enlist a willing friend for help and prepare to get snapping:
1. Be creative but don’t be afraid to seek inspiration from what has been done before. My one and only self-portrait drew direct inspiration from Annie Leibovitz portrait of Lance Armstrong
2. Try to capture a pure emotion that shows your true self. Human beings can’t help being moved by emotion so long as it’s genuine
3. Take multiple frames. It’s almost impossible to capture exactly what you are looking for first time around
4. Find the light. Good lighting can take a picture from average to remarkable
5. Enlist help. My brother, for example, took great pleasure holding a hosepipe to spray me with water for my own self-portrait. Just make sure they know when to stop “helping”
And if you still need convincing that Lee knows what he’s talking about check out his fantastic winning contest entry below:
If this article gave you the confidence to find your match, try eHarmony today!Join Now