Bournemouth may not be the largest or most well-known of Britain’s seaside resorts, but this quaint town on the southern coast has much to recommend it. From miles of white sandy beaches to festivals all through the year to the UK’s only coastal activity park. All that, plus some of the best pubs in the country make Bournemouth a great dating destination.
Why the dating scene is not all sunny
Although there’s plenty to see and do in Bournemouth, the same can’t be said of its single population. Only about 40% of Bournemouth’s residents are singles, and of those, many are under the age of 30, thanks to the city’s large student population. Understandably, this makes dating in Bournemouth challenging. Especially, if you’re older. Add to that the large tourist population, it’s no wonder single men and women in Bournemouth have a hard time finding love.
That said, don’t despair, singles. It takes patience and perseverance, but it’s entirely possible to find success while dating in this city.
How to meet singles in Bournemouth
Our recommendations for the best places to bump into new people:
- With sunshine over seven months of the year, Bournemouth is the perfect place to be outdoors – and a group like Dorset Nordic Walking is a great way to meet like-minded others.
- Or lace up your dancing shoes and head to Dance Crazy, where you might just find yourself the perfect partner.
- Where there are pubs, there are pub quizzes. Head over to your local for an evening of fun and to meet fellow Bournemouth singles.
- Or earn yourself some good karma and sign up to volunteer – you’ll help make the world a better place while meeting like-minded singles.
What makes online dating in Bournemouth a success
It’s true, there’s nothing like a sponetenaous meeting in a bookstore or a bar, or even being set up by friends or family. But as time goes by, it’s becoming more and more common for people dating in Bournemouth to take their search for love online
With online dating, Bournemouth singles can find potential partners that match their core values no matter where they are rather than having to pick from whoever’s close by. In addition, online dating allows singles to get to know potential partners at their own pace and from the comfort of their own home… or even their beach chair.
Go deeper than just a picture with eharmony
With eharmony, singles can get a first impression from far more than just a profile picture, thanks to the detailed profiles on the site. They can upload photos to show readers several different aspects and use the ‘Personal Quote’ section to give them a deeper insight into who they are. They can also let them know what they’re thinking with the perfectly named ‘What’s On My Mind’ section.
There’s no reason to worry over exactly what to say in their profile. The ‘Who Am I’ section gives readers their answer to four important questions – ‘I’m Thankful For’, ‘Best Life Skills,’ ‘Things I Can’t Live Without’ and ‘My Friends Describe Me As…’ In Addition to this, eharmony asks its members to answer 23 short questions that help shine a light on their personalities and can be used as conversation starters.
The final – but by no means unimportant – part of your Personal Profile is the Compatibility Wheel. When users sign up with eharmony, they’re asked to take a detailed Compatibility Quiz. These answers are then used to create a Personality Profile. Your Profile is what eharmony’s unique Compatibility Matching System uses to compare your core values and personality traits and find you compatible singles who have the same desire for a serious relationship.
Top 5 ideas for a first date in Bournemouth
- Singles are spoilt for choice when it comes to places to get a drink in Bournemouth – top choices include Aruba, 1812, Stables or Slug and Lettuce.
- Rather a daytime date? Pack a picnic and head to the Lower Gardens with its beautiful greenery and birdsong-filled aviary.
- Do tea with a twist on Freida’s Teabus, a double-decker bus that, yes, serves a proper afternoon tea, scones and all.
- Spend the rare rainy afternoon indoors at the Russell-Cotes Gallery and Museum.
- Or head to the pier, where you can have all manner of fun between the Big Wheel, the shops, and the cafes.
Dating in Bournemouth, a small town with a big heart
Bournemouth is a popular holiday destination for good reason – it’s beautiful, with miles of sandy beaches, there’s plenty to see and do no matter what interests. All of those things make Bournemouth a great dating site as well – all you need is a partner to enjoy it with. Luckily, eharmony makes finding the perfect partner much easier, so go ahead and sign up today!