With its pure sand beaches, famous boardwalk and muted pastels, it can be easy to forget where you are in Bournemouth.
Bournemouth dating can often have a similarly disorienting effect. With its popularity as a seaside town and its dizzyingly colourful social spectrum, trying to date in the town often feels like trying to keep up with a constantly changing tide of singles.
Let’s take a closer look at dating in Bournemouth and how platforms like eharmony can help you navigate it:
Table of content:
Meeting Bournemouth singles without breaking the bank
While making time to socialise and meet new singles can often be difficult, most of these activities involve spending some kind of money, be it hitting the pub with your friends or attending a special event.
Here’s how to find Bournemouth dating opportunities without spending anything:
- Attend a museum, gallery or exhibition night – Expand your mind and enjoy some history at The Gallery at Arts University Bournemouth, the Natural Science Society & Museum or Whitewall Galleries and maybe you’ll start an interesting conversation with someone admiring the same piece
- Hit the trails – Bournemouth and the surrounding Dorset countryside have some of the best trails in the country, like the Hengistbury Head and Southbourne Crossroads trails. Trails and hikes are one of the best tips for free dating in Bournemouth as the active atmosphere invites conversation
- Keep an eye out for free stuff – The town holds several events and festivals that are free to attend like the Arts by the Sea Festival, concerts in the park and even location tours. These are ideal for exploring new Bournemouth dating opportunities.
How eharmony can help
For over 20 years we’ve helped our members find lasting, meaningful relationships using the science of compatibility. We’re so effective that every 14 minutes, someone finds love on eharmony.
Here’s how to start dating with eharmony:
- First, take our Compatibility Quiz so we can get a deep insight into your personality and dating goals. The results inform our matching algorithm to find highly compatible matches
- Next, fill in your profile. Find about three flattering photos that express your personality. Fill out hobbies to let people know about your lifestyle and passions
- Now you can check out your matches. Rank your Bournemouth dating prospects by Compatibility Score or just check out their profiles
- Finally, there’s nothing left but to reach out to the ones that caught your interest. You could open with a compliment or just a simple ‘Hi, how’s your day going?’
Filter matches based on what you’re looking for
Our search criteria and filters let you narrow down your Match List to a unique degree to find your ideal partner, including age, religion, desire for children, level of education, income bracket, interests, music taste and so much more.
Profiles that tell a story
We design our profiles not just to show off your best side but everything else that makes you special. Explore the meaning behind your Compatibility Score on other profiles, view your similarities and explore what stokes their passions.
A safe and secure approach to the Bournemouth dating scene
Your safety is our highest priority. Not only do we use the advanced data security technology but we also ensure respectful, inclusive interactions thanks to our highly responsive customer care team. We also regularly scrub our system of dishonest and abusive accounts.
First date ideas to start dating in Bournemouth
If everything has gone according to plan after following the steps above, you should be having some quality interactions with one or more Bournemouth singles. When you feel like taking the next step with them, we’ve got some great first date ideas in Bournemouth:
- If you’re looking to have some designer cocktails in an eye-catching setting then try out 1812, a chic cocktail bar and restaurant that often features live acts
- For something a little more relaxed and stimulating, you can’t go wrong with some ice cream and the Arcade on the Pier. Piers and romance just go together and adding some pulse-racing video games certainly can’t hurt matters
- If you’re looking to get out onto the majestic Channel coast then why not opt for an active date renting a kayak at The Watersports Academy?
Bournemouth dating without the usual hassle
From free Summer festivals to night-time walks along the neon lights of the pier, finding someone perfect for you while dating in Bournemouth is a lot easier than you think. Start your dating journey with us for a helpful guide and share those moments with just the right person. Join eharmony now and get started.
Your search for a great relationship has never been easier with groundbreaking overhaul of the eharmony you know and trust.