Don’t let Hull’s quiet reputation fool you – this supposedly unassuming Yorkshire port city was named a UK City of Culture in 2017, and for good reason – it’s got a fascinating history, a thriving art and music scene, quirky boutiques, and a growing food scene. And considering just under half (42%) of its population is single, there’s never been a better time for dating in Hull.
Why it can be stormy seas for traditional dating
Despite its phenomenal growth and the massive amount of investment in recent years, Hull is still on the smallish side of things – which means that while the percentage of singles is pretty respectable, the actual number of single men and women in Hull is on the lower side. This makes dating a more challenging proposition than in larger cities like London or even Birmingham.
Nevertheless, with all there is to see and do here, regardless of whether your interest lies in history, culture, or sports – there’s no shortage of dating opportunities for singles.
Where and how to start dating and meet new people in Hull
Between Yorkshire natives’ renowned friendliness and all there is to do in Hull, you’ll have no problems meeting singles in Hull. Some ideas:
- If you’re the sporty kind, Hull is the place for you. Whether you prefer running, swimming, netball, or hockey, clubs are a great way to meet fellow sporty singles.
- If you’d rather dance than play, Tango Hull is a fantastic starting point to find a future partner.
- Exercise your mental muscles instead and attend a talk at the University of Hull – you never know, you might find your forever study buddy.
- Or do good while making new friends and sign up to volunteer – there are opportunities no matter what your interest, from the Samaritans to Amnesty International.
Why you should give online dating in Hull a try
Traditional dating still has its advantages. However, more and more people in Hull and elsewhere are choosing to look for love online. It’s a move that makes sense when you consider that dating apps offer far more choice than simply dating the old-fashioned way in Hull. Plus, with online dating, singles in Hull can get to know potential partners at their own pace.
With over 20 years’ experience in bringing couples together, eharmony understands that the secret to lasting relationships is the big C – Compatibility, and not just the surface kind. Which is why a unique Compatibility Matching System is the cornerstone of the platform. eharmony helps you find partners that match not just your search criteria but your core values and personality traits.
How the compatibility matching system works
When you sign up for eharmony, you’ll be asked to take a Compatibility Quiz. Don’t worry – there are no wrong answers! But make sure to set aside some time so you can give your answers some thought, since your responses are instrumental in matching you with someone who shares your vision for a lasting relationship.
The Compatibility Quiz measures your personality traits, according to 32 Dimensions of compatibility. It’s also the basis of both your Personality Profile and your shared Compatibility Score. Once your Personality Profile has been created, it’s run through a sophisticated matching algorithm that compares it with other profiles in eharmony’s extensive database. Then you are presented with a bespoke Match List.
This Match List is a list of potential partners, rated according to suitability. The higher your shared Score, the higher the chances you’ll make a meaningful connection with each other. All that remains is taking the first step!
6 different things to do on a first date in Hull
- Bowl your date over with a first date at Hollywood Bowl bowling arena.
- Ride rough waters together with a kayaking date at Welton Waters.
- For a much calmer first date, take your date for a romantic stroll around Queen’s Garden instead.
- Head to Hull Ice Arena for a romantic evening of skating across the ice hand in hand.
- If you’re eager to add a bit of culture to your life, an afternoon at the Ferens or the Maritime Museum is a great rainy day first date.
- Or go traditional with dinner and a show at one of Hull’s many arts venues.
Hull Singles, Find love online on the Yorkshire Coast
Hull may be small, but it’s got a big heart. Dating in Hull means days exploring the beautiful Yorkshire countryside, afternoons at museums or parks, and evenings attending concerts, plays, and more. All you need is someone to share this hidden Yorkshire gem with, and that’s where eharmony comes in. Sign up for eharmony and find your other half in Hull today.
Your search for a great relationship has never been easier with groundbreaking overhaul of the eharmony you know and trust.