Leeds is called the London of the North, and with good reason – this bustling industrial city boats a thriving music and theatre scene, a range of fantastic pubs and restaurants, as well as lush greenery both in and out of the city. The Leeds dating scene is also thriving, with singles making up nearly half (45%) of the population.
Why dating in Leeds can be an uphill task
Leeds has five major universities and the UK’s fourth largest student population. While this has its advantages, it does make dating in Leeds a little more challenging, for more mature individuals.
It’s also one of the biggest, busiest cities in the North, meaning that single men and women in Leeds lead full, busy lives that potentially don’t leave much time for socialising. Add to that family commitments, and it’s no wonder that finding love is not a priority for singles in Leeds.
However, it’s still entirely possible to be successful dating in this city – you just need a bit of focus and enthusiasm.
The best places to meet singles in Leeds
- If you’re a bookworm, book clubs like the Leeds Book Club or the Hyde Park Book Club are great places to get to know other book-loving people.
- If you’d rather game than read, a Geek Retreat might be the perfect way to meet other geeky singles.
- Take advantage of the gorgeous Yorkshire countryside and join a hiking or rambling club, where you can get in touch with fellow nature-loving others.
- Or meet Leeds singles while you work to make the world a better place and volunteer with a charity such as ‘People in Action’.
The advantages of online dating in Leeds
More and more, dating is going online. Looking for love on dating site and apps les singles take their time and get to know the people they’re talking to. And as a bonus, with online dating, singles aren’t restricted to just Leeds or even the UK.
eharmony has over 20 years’ experience in helping couples find long-lasting, meaningful relationships, which means you’re in safe hands. The unique Compatibility Matching System, based on an in-depth Compatibility Quiz you take when you sign up, works like a virtual matching process, setting you up with singles who share your core values and personality traits, as well as your search criteria.
eharmony is right for you if you prefer a deeper connection rather than a quick swipe left or right
You can get to know any potential partners at your own speed, and at a much deeper level than just their profile and photos, using the many conversation tools.
Send a Smile to let the other person know you’ve seen and liked their profile, if you’re feeling a little shy. Be a little bolder and send them an Icebreaker if you’d like to get to know them better – the pre-prepared questions take the stress out of those initial conversations.
Once you’ve gone past those first stages of getting to know each other, you can have deeper conversations with text messaging. Rather chat face-to-face? You can do that too with eharmony’s Video Date feature. It means you can catch up without leaving the comfort and safety of your home.
Additionally, eharmony’s privacy features mean you control what information is shared, so you can rest easy knowing there’s nothing shared you don’t want to be.
6 unique first date ideas in Leeds
- If you and your date are the competitive kind, get your adrenaline going with a first date at Junkyard Golf Club
- For a more chilled out vibe, spend the afternoon taking in the exhibits at the Leeds Art Gallery. Bonus: no shortage of things to discuss!
- If you’re both foodies, Trinity Kitchen’s rotating menu of street food is a sure bet for a palate-pleasing first date.
- Head to Jackrabbits Pottery for paint-your-own-pot night and leave with a souvenir of your first date.
- Or visit the penguins at Harewood House for a fun, low-key date.
Leeds Singles, Fall in love in the Capital of the North with eharmony
Leeds is many things – an impressive industrial hub, a center for arts and music, a surprising food destination – all of which mean that there’s plenty of opportunity when it comes to dating in Leeds. Add to that the warm and friendly people in Yorkshire, and the only surprise is that anyone’s still single. So don’t wait – sign up for eharmony and get started on your Leeds love story today.
Your search for a great relationship has never been easier with groundbreaking overhaul of the eharmony you know and trust.