Whether you love sports, history, culture or nightlife, Manchester has something for you. It’s also a great place to be if you’re dating, as Manchester has the largest number of singles in the UK – nearly 55%, according to a report in The Independent. Add to that all the things there are to do here, and it’s easy to see why singles love this city.
Challenges of dating the traditional way in Manchester
Manchester is many things, including a student hub – with four universities in the vicinity, it’s no wonder. But it does make dating a little more difficult. Especially, if you’re no longer a student.
Anyone thinking of meeting singles in Manchester had better be willing to get caught up in football, as the city is sports-mad (and for good reason, considering two of the best teams in the country have their home here). Can’t tell a football from a beach ball? Dating is a good excuse to learn.
Recommendations for the best places to meet singles in Manchester
- Whether running, football, or more obscure sports like korfball or ultimate Frisbee, an adult sports league is a great way to meet other singles.
- Another option is to sign up for the free yoga classes offered by Lululemon or Patagonia.
- Rather a drink and a chat? Find your nearest Chatty Café and get talking with new people.
- Or take a class at one of the many universities in Manchester – you never know, you might wind up with a forever study buddy.
- Or sign up to volunteer and help make the world a better place while getting to know someone new.
Why dating in Manchester is going online
While there are definitely advantages to hit the bars in search of love, especially in a city like Manchester, it’s no surprise more and more Manchester singles are taking their search for a partner online. Busy lives and packed schedules mean that, dating in this city often takes a back seat, which means the convenience of dating apps is a huge draw. Plus, with online dating, single men and women in Manchester can find exactly the kind of partner they want.
A common complaint with dating online is that too often, people make snap judgements just based on profile pictures. But if that’s not what you’re looking for, eharmony is the perfect choice. With eharmony, you can go deeper than profile pictures and quick swipes.
ehamony uses a Compatibility Quiz to find you a partner with the same core values and personality traits. And after 20 years in this business, this dating site and app is pretty good at it.
A look at eharmony’s Compatibility Matching System
When you create an account, one of your first steps is to take the Compatibility Quiz. Based on the results, eharmony will suggest potential matches for you. Plus, the site comes up with a Personality Profile for each user, using 32 dimensions of compatibility which are evaluated via 136 data points in a sophisticated algorithm. The result is a Compatibility Score.
Scores are calculated using on a balanced ratio of similarities and contrasts. There are between 40 and 160 compatibility points in total. The greater your shared Score, the better your odds of a meaningful connection.
Top 5 things to do on a first date in Manchester
- Go casual and retro with an afternoon or evening at All Star Lanes or Dog Bowl and bowl your date away.
- If either of you is the competitive type, head to Twenty Twenty Two for a round of ping-pong instead.
- Or impress your date with how cultured you are and take them to a classical concert at the Royal Northern College of Music.
- If you’re both literature lovers, wandering around the passageways of the John Rylands Library is a great idea for a first encounter.
- Or indulge your sugar cravings with a chocolate afternoon tea at Cocoa Cabana.
Manchester dating: Prospects for love are sunny in the Rainy City
With its large number of singles and huge variety of things to see and do regardless of time of year or whether you love history, art, music or sports, singles in Manchester are lucky indeed. With eharmony, finding someone worth spending the rest of your life with isn’t just possible, it’s easier than ever. So sign up today!