A bustling, multicultural city in the heart of England, Birmingham is the rare city that stays true to its industrial roots while adapting to the present. When it comes to dating in Birmingham, the city boasts an enviable number of singles (nearly 350,000) as well as a range of things to see and do, including great restaurants and cafes and museums, scenic greenery, and even a canal or two.
Why traditional dating in Birmingham can pose a challenge
Birmingham is called ‘The City of A Thousand Trades’ for good reason – as the second-largest city in the UK, it’s a major commercial centre. While their schedules may not be as busy as those of Londoners, it’s not surprising that for singles in Birmingham, love often takes a back seat to work and family life. Plus, public transport is somewhat limited, which makes it harder for Brummies without a car.
That said, both of those things can be avoided with careful planning, so don’t let that discourage you from dating.
How to meet people in Birmingham
Here are recommendations for the best places to meet singles in this city:
- Taking a dance class (like Havana Salsa) is a great way to make new friends and find a potential partner.
- Rather something sporty? Try a football or cricket rec league and find like-minded singles.
- If you’re not much for speed, the West Midlands are a great spot for ramblings, and a ramblers’ group is a great way to enjoy the fresh air with fellow singles in Birmingham.
- Or head to Birmingham IVC, a sports and leisure club, where you can have fun and get to know new people.
Why online dating in Birmingham is a successful new way
More and more, when it comes to dating, Birmingham residents are picking apps for convenience. Looking for a relationship online is a good idea for several reasons – for one thing, it’s so much easier to fit into a busy schedule than going to a pub or a singles event. Plus, online dating allows you to look for exactly the kind of person you want to date and gives you the chance to evaluate their core values and personality traits.
And with eharmony, you can take your time getting to know any potential partners. When you sign up, you take a Compatibility Quiz. The results of this quiz are used to create your Personality Profile, which is then used to generate a list of singles who’s profiles match what you’re looking for in a relationship. Each of these profiles comes with a Compatibility Score – the higher the score, the better your chances of making a meaningful connection. This is no superficial analysis – the initial Quiz measures 32 dimensions of compatibility while creating your profile, and eharmony’s unique algorithm uses over a 100 dada ponts when coming up with your Compatibility Score.
Once eharmony’s Compatibility Matching System has generated a list of compatible Birmingham singles, it’s time to get chatting. eharmony has lots of tools to help you with that – send a Smile for a low-pressure first move or be a little more daring with an Icebreaker. If you click, you can choose to keep talking via traditional text-based messaging, or take it up a step with video. In addition, the Compatibility Matching System means that you’re paired with people who share your values, making your chances of finding the perfect partner higher right from day one.
5 different Birmingham first date ideas
- Go retro on date night and hit up NQ64 Birmingham, which has an array of arcade games in addition to fantastic cocktails.
- If you’d rather a laughter-filled night, Cherry Reds is the perfect place for you and your date.
- Head to the Birmingham Botanical Garden for a romantic walk around one of the most beautiful green spaces in the city.
- Or get fancy with an afternoon tea date at the Edgebaston, which is also great for cocktails if you’d rather something more traditional.
- Or head to The Electric for an old-fashioned film date in Britain’s oldest cinema.
Birmingham singles, write your own love story in the pen shop of the world
Birmingham may be the second-largest city in the UK, but when it comes to finding love, it’s second to none. With its diverse population and plethora of things to see and do, not to mention its rapidly growing food and drink scene, there’s never been a better time to be dating in Birmingham. So sign up for eharmony and get started on your love story today.
Your search for a great relationship has never been easier with groundbreaking overhaul of the eharmony you know and trust.