One of the most popular tourist destinations in Britain, it’s no surprise that Bristol is considered one of the best places to live in the UK. Between its thriving food scene, its arts and music, its off-beat vibe, and the gorgeous green spaces in and around the city, there’s plenty to do for anyone considering dating in Bristol.
Hurdles of dating and how to overcome them
The downside of living in a city as vibrant and busy as Bristol: dating can sometimes take a back seat! With all there is to see and do here, singles often find themselves with such full lives that, between work, family and friends, there’s no time for much socialising.
Plus, with how many single men and women there are in Bristol almost half (47%) of the population, finding the right person can take time and energy that busy Bristolians just don’t have. That said, it is possible to find someone while dating in Bristol; it just takes a little patience and the right places and activities to encounter new people. With all there is to do here, you’ll have no trouble of choices.
Where and how to meet singles in Bristol
- If you’re the sporty type, try joining one of Bristol’s many sports clubs, or a fitness centre like Redpoint Bristol.
- If music’s more your jam, the many live music events in Bristol are a great way to meet fellow singles.
- Or take advantage of the beautiful countryside and join a local rambling or hiking club.
- Rather stay indoor? A book club or pub trivia night is a fantastic way to meet singles with similar interests.
- Volunteering is also a great way to meet fellow singles while making the world better.
Reasons dating in Bristol is going digital
While there’s still a chance you’ll meet someone fun at the pub, or that person your friend set you up with will turn out to be a good one after all, it’s no surprise that dating in Bristol is going online. Dating apps let people with no time for traditional dating squeeze looking for love into their routines. Plus, moving your search for love means you’re no longer limited only to singles in Bristol.
What makes eharmony special and successful
When you sign up for eharmony, you’re asked to take a detailed Compatibility Quiz. Your responses to this Quiz help their Compatibility Matching System to find other singles who not only match your search criteria, but what you want in a relationship. Which means that you’re both on the same page right from the start, and making a meaningful connection is so much easier.
eharmony believes that compatibility and communication are the bedrock of any relationship. Which is why they’ve made getting to know your potential partners easy and low-stress, with a range of communication tools:
- Smiles: if you’re the shy type, a Smile is a great way to let a potential partner know you’re interested.
- Icebreakers: Feeling a little bolder, but not sure what to say? Use one of the pre-prepared Icebreaker questions to take the stress out of starting a conversation.
- Text messaging: For people who can’t wait to get the conversation started, write a first message to get to know each other.
- Video Dates: For when you want to see your date face-to-face. eharmony’s Video Date feature lets you get to know each other better no matter where each of you may be.
5 different things to do on your first date in Bristol
- Keep it simple and romantic with a picnic in Leigh Woods and a walk to see the Clifton Suspension Bridge.
- Or get your Sherlock and Watson on and head to an escape room for a mystery-filled first date.
- Try an adults-only museum date at ‘We-The-CuriousMuseum’ After Hours.
- If you’re both board game fans, ‘RePlay and Chance and Counters’ are great for dates with a competitive edge.
- Or get your Bond on with drinks at Her Majesty’s Secret Service, one of the coolest places in Bristol.
Bristol Singles, take your time to form meaningful connections with eharmony
While there’s no denying that life in Bristol, with its vibrant off-beat culture and range of things to see and do, is fun as a singleton, there are some things that are just better with two. But don’t be afraid if you haven’t yet had success dating in Bristol. With eharmony, you’ll soon be on your way to finding your very own Bristol love story. So, sign up today!