For a long time, Leicester flew under the radar, but not anymore. Between the city’s incredible 2016 Premier League win and the 2012 discovery of royal remains, Leicester can no longer claim to be ordinary. This is especially true when it comes to dating in Leicester, with the city’s abundance of things to see and do and its warm, friendly population – a little under half (45%) of whom are single.
Why traditional dating can be challenging
While Leicester has many charming attributes, a large population of older singles isn’t one of them – people here tend to get married young, which means that singles in their 30s and 40s may have a harder time to find a partner in Leicester. Plus, the city, while beautiful and historic, is on the smaller side, which means that although the percentage of singles isn’t technically bad, the actual numbers when it comes to single men and women in Leicester aren’t very high.
That said, it’s absolutely possible to be successful when it comes to dating in Leicester – you just need the right spots and activities to be surrounded by them.
Hotspots to start dating in Leicester
Some recommendations for the best places to meet someone new in the city:
- Even if you’re not a student, events for the public at the University of Leicester or De Montfort University are a great way to get in touch with Leicester singles.
- Or if less academic pursuits are more your style, there’s always dance or cooking classes.
- More the sporty kind? Head to a Leicester City or Tigers match and you might well wind up finding a single to cheer your team on with.
- Leicester is a city of festivals – from the Handmade Festival to the Riverside Festival to the largest Diwali party outside India. Not only are festivals tons of fun, they’re a great way to get to know new people.
Reasons for online dating in Leicester
People are increasingly trying new ways and go online to find their next relationship. Getting to know someone on the Web can feel much easier than going up to someone in person. Plus, you can do it when it works for you and from the comfort of your own home.
Especially, if you’re in search of a serious, long-term relationship, someone who likes you for your values rather than how you good look in your profile picture, a person you’re compatible with on a deeper level, there’s no better choice than eharmony.
Why compatibility matters for a long-lasting relationship
eharmony on the long-term and relationships that last. When you sign up for an eharmony account, you begin by taking out a long, Compatibility Quiz designed by psychologists to get to know the ‘real you’. Your answers to this quiz are used to create your Personality Profile, which is designed to narrow down eharmony’s large, diverse pool of singles to just the ones you’re likely to make a real connection with.
Once you’ve finished the quiz, eharmony creates your Personality Profile, which based on 32Dimensions of Compatibility, which are then evaluated using 136 data points in a sophisticatedalgorithm. This algorithm is then used to create a Compatibility Score for you and any potential future partners.
eharmony’s carefully designed algorithm and compatibility-focused matching system, the large, diverse pool of singles to the ones you’re likely to make a real connection with and it’s easy to find someone who matches your values and vision for your relationship.
Top 5 Leicester first date ideas
- For a first date in a romantic, greenery-filled setting, take your date for a romantic walk around the University of Leicester botanic garden, or a picnic in Abbey Park.
- For a different kind of greenery, cocktails at the Bottle Garden can’t be beat.
- For a night of retro fun, try bowling or arcade games at East Street Lanes.
- Or if golf is more your speed, Treetop Golf is a great place for a rainy weather date.
- Leave your date absolutely starry-eyed with a first encounter at the National Space Center, the UK’s largest domed planetarium.
Leicester singles, love is waiting for you in the heart of England
Leicester may not have drawn as much attention as its better-known cousins, but that’s rapidly changing, with its new-found renown. Anyone dating in Leicester will enjoy the easy access to nature, the range of festivals, and the warm and friendly locals. All you need is someone to enjoy the city with, so sign up for eharmony and get started on your Leicester love story today.