It’s obvious to start this article with a historic Beatles reference, but the fab four are just one success story attached to Liverpool, along with its shipping heritage and brilliant football team. There’s so much to see and do if you’re thinking of dating in Liverpool, such as a growing arts scene, beautiful green spaces and beaches, museums that tell the city’s diverse history and restaurants galore.
Why dating in Liverpool can be a long and winding road
Despite that nearly half (49.7%!) of the city’s population being single, seeking for a partner can still be a challenge. According to a 2014 survey, Liverpool has 120 single women for every 100 single men, a gender imbalance that can make it challenging on Liverpool women seeking men. Additionally, although the city is much more laid-back than many other cities in the UK, the range of things to see and do here means that Liverpool singles with busy work and family lives may find making the time to date a challenge.
The thing to remember, though, is that no matter how busy life gets, it’s worth taking a little bit of time to search for that special someone. And with a little time and perseverance, you’re sure to find success dating in this city.
Tips to meet singles in Liverpool
- If you’re the active type, joining an adult rec league or joining a rowing or biking club is a great way to meet fellow fitness-minded singles.
- If you’d rather exercise your mental muscles, try signing up for a book club at the library or even a Shared Reading session.
- Or sign up to volunteer for a nature conservancy organisation and do good while dating like-minded others in Liverpool.
- Or if you’re a history buff, a museum tour or a class is a great way to learn more about history and meet new history-loving people.
Taking dating in Liverpool into the 21st Century
While traditional dating in Liverpool still has its charms – there’s something to be said for those unexpected meet-ups. Nevertheless, more people are choosing to take their search for a relationship online. The reasons are varied – for instance, it’s easier to find someone who shares your interests, when you’re not tied down to just the singles in your city.
How eharmony helps Liverpool singles find their next great relationship
eharmony has finding the perfect partner down to a science… orclose enough. Our Compatibility Matching System digs deep into your core values and personality traits in and finds you singles with whom you can build a real and lasting connection.
How the Compatibility Matching System works
eharmony has over 20 years’ experience with successful relationships. Which is how we know that compatibility is more than just whether you like the same things or share the same interests. It’s how social you are, how independent you are, how much you love taking risks. More than a shared love of Liverpool FC, or travel, or food, that deeper kind of compatibility is what makes a relationship last. And that’s what eharmony looks for.
When you sign up for an account, you’ll be asked to take a Compatibility Quiz. The results of this quiz will be used to create your Personality Profile. Then your Profile, which is based on 32 dimensions, is compared with all other profiles that match your search criteria – a matching algorithm evaluates your Profile and produces a Compatibility Score with each new match. The higher your shared score, the more compatible you are with a given partner.
5 different first date ideas in Liverpool
- Take advantage of all the great live music Liverpool has to offer with a first date at a show.
- Or if you’d rather something quieter, grab a picnic from Carluccio’s or a selection of deli treats from M&S and have a romantic picnic in the park.
- There’s a festival happening practically every day in Liverpool; why not head to one for your first date?
- For a low-key but still adventurous first date, hit up a farmer’s market and enjoy all the delicacies on offer.
- Or add a bit of culture and history to your lives with an afternoon at one of Liverpool’s many museums.
Singles, don’t wait to find your Liverpool love story
There’s so much more to this beachside city than the Beatles and footie, from a fascinating maritime history to great arts and culture to more festivals. All you need is love – or more precisely, someone to fall in love with it. And with eharmony, finding your next great relationship has never been easier, so sign up today.
Your search for a great relationship has never been easier with groundbreaking overhaul of the eharmony you know and trust.