Given that it’s the capital of the United Kingdom and remains an international hub, dating in London is an adventure. Especially given that just under half (44%) of the city’s 8.9 million population (a whopping 4 million, or close enough) are single, unattached people in London are spoiled for choice when it comes to dating and new relationships.
Why dating in London Town can be challenging
Yes, there’s nearly 4 million singles here, but that doesn’t mean that dating is easy. With its huge population, it tends to skew to a culture of casual dating and fast relationships. Finding someone with substance can be challenging, which is why it’s important to have a strategy.
That said, you can still find someone worth dating in London; you just need to give yourself time to find them and patience to deal with your schedules when you do.
How to meet new singles In London
Sure enough, this city is a metropolis, but where and how do you meet all these Londoners? Some of the best places to get in touch with new people in London include:
- Becoming a regular somewhere. There’s nothing more British than heading down to the pub… and it’s also a great place to make contact with fellow singles. If you don’t drink, consider becoming a local at a café or park instead.
- Volunteering. There’s always someone who needs a hand, and volunteering with an organisation like Hands On London is a great way to do good while meeting like-minded singles in London.
- Joining a supper club. If you’re a foodie, a supper club is a fantastic way to treat your taste buds while meeting fellow food-loving people.
Dating in London goes online with eharmony
If you’re planning on dating, going online is a great idea for many reasons. You can meet people from all over, get to know them via eharmony’s Video Date and then decide on whether to meet up in real life. The fact that you’ve already established a good rapport via video means those first-date nerves will be minimal.
While dating apps have a reputation for being best for hookups and short flings, it’s certainly possible to find lasting love on one – especially eharmony. With over 20 years’ of experience in bringing couples together, a Compatibility Matching System and large, diverse pool of relationship-oriented singles make it a great fit for anyone who wants to be dating seriously in London. And using eharmony – even if you’ve never used a dating app before – couldn’t be easier.
- Download the app (both Android and iOS are available) or visit eharmony.co.uk.
- Choose your gender, the gender you’re interested in, and enter your login information to register your account. Want quicker access? Sign in with Facebook or your Apple ID.
- Once you’ve signed up, it’s time to take a Compatibility Quiz. This lets eharmony create your Personality Profile, which is a detailed look at various aspects of your personality.
- Now it’s time to do what eharmony does best. Using your Personality Profile as a base, our Compatibility Matching System comes up with a list of potential partners for you.
- Once the algorithms have worked their magic, your Match Listwill start filling up. The more compatible a potential partner, the higher their place on the list.
- Someone piques your interest? Get in touch! The platform has a wide range of conversation tools to get the ball rolling. Where things go is up to you…
Top 4 first date ideas in London
- Yes, drinking tea is very English, but London also does an impressive cup of coffee. We suggest Ozone Coffee or The Gentleman Baristas.
- If you or date like great street food and quirky tchotchkes, wandering around one of London’s many markets – Portebello Road, Camden, or Borough – makes for a great first date.
- Add a little culture to your first encounter and make it an afternoon at a museum – the Tate for modern art, or the British Museum for… well, everything.
- Or head to Kew Gardens for a romantic walk in some of the lushest green spaces in London.
Singles in London, don’t let the chance for love pass you by
Between centuries of history, some of the best restaurants and street food in the world, and an absolute boatload of things to see and do, there’s very few places better to be dating in than London. And with nearly 4 million people in this bustling metropolis single, it’s clear that there’s no shortage of people to do it with. So, sign up for eharmony and get started on your London love story today.