Dating in Northern Ireland: Let Love Shine on the Emerald Isle
There’s nowhere quite like Northern Ireland. With some of the most gorgeous views and walks in the world to a long and proud history to sports of every kind, there’s no shortage of things to do if you want to try dating in Northern Ireland. Plus, with its thriving pub culture and range of romantic walks and views, NI is definitely a singles’ paradise.
Why traditional dating in Northern Ireland can be challenging
While the Northern Ireland Statistics And Research Agency doesn’t release population statistics by marriage status, two of its cities – Derry and Belfast – rank relatively low in terms of single populations compared to the rest of the United Kingdom. Therefore, dating locally could be challenging, even for those in more metropolitan areas. Northern Ireland’s strong religious tradition also suggests that many couples marry and stay that way – leading to less singles in the mature end of the dating pool.
How to meet singles In Northern Ireland
- The most obvious answer? Become a regular at your local, but be sure to venture elsewhere, whether for pub quizzes or general exploration – it’s a great way to meet other singles.
- Take advantage of all the beautiful countryside around you and sign up to enjoy it with a rambling or hiking club, and meet like-minded singles.
- The Irish are a sports-loving people, which means your local adult sports league or even community yoga or martial arts classes are great avenues for meeting other singles.
What it means to take dating in Northern Ireland digital
Especially for busy Northern Ireland residents, dating can be hard to make a priority. When your schedule is already full with work, family, and friends, it’s hard to have the time and energy for traditional dating. Which is why dating in Northern Ireland is moving online.
While some singles enjoy the process of finding a partner on dating apps, it can also feel overwhelming, especially if you’re new to online dating.
eharmony makes online dating in Northern Ireland easy
With over 20 years’ experience in bringing together happy couples, you’re in good hands with eharmony. They make the process of finding your future partner easy with profile creation and conversation tools. Plus, eharmony takes a lot of the uncertainty out of picking by only showing you people with whom you’re compatible with.
Signing up is quick and easy. Here’s how to get started:
- The first step is to download the dating app. You can also visit eharmony.co.uk if you’d rather.
- Choose your gender and the gender you’re interested in and enter your login information. If you’re in a rush, you can also use your Facebook or Apple accounts to log in.
- Once that’s done, the next step is a Compatibility Quiz to create your Personality Profile. It will tell you a lot about your values and personality traits and how you operate in romantic relationships.
- Time to let eharmony do its thing – using your Personality Profile as a base the unique Compatibility Matching System will work out which people in the extensive database both match your search criteria and will be compatible with you.
- Once the matching process has finished working its magic, your Match List will start filling up with compatible singles, ranking them according to best fit.
- Someone catch your eye? Brilliant! You’re potentially on your way to something meaningful. Use one of the conversation tools to get things started.
Fun Northern Ireland first date ideas
- Wander around St. George’s Market in Belfast – it’s a great way to get to know your date while sampling excellent Northern Irish food.
- If you’re the adventurous type, a climb up Slieve Binnian and a picnic at the summit makes for a wonderful first encounter.
- Take a tour of the Titanic Quarter, where the Ship of Dreams was conceived, constructed and launched, for a history-forward first date.
- Or take a walk on the wild side with your date and do the Gobbins Cliff Path, a guided adventure walk with stunning views.
Northern Ireland Singles, don’t let love pass you by
While Northern Ireland has had a troubled past, its present – and future – are looking bright indeed. This corner of the United Kingdom has so much to offer, from breathtaking views to fascinating historical monuments to a thriving arts and culture scene to excellent food and drink. It’s no wonder that more and more people are finding success dating in Northern Ireland. And with eharmony, you can be one of them, so sign up and start your journey to love today.
Your search for a great relationship has never been easier with groundbreaking overhaul of the eharmony you know and trust.