With its vibrant music and club scene, its prize-winning artists, its rapidly growing food and drink culture, and range of museums, there’s rarely been a better time to be dating in Glasgow. Add to that that nearly half (49.2%!) of the population is single, and you couldn’t ask for a better place to start a relationship.
What exacerbates the search for a partner for singles in Glasgow?
The downside of dating in a city the size of Glasgow? You’re much more likely to run into an ex than in, say, Edinburgh or London. Plus the people here are inveterate people-watchers, which can make dating in Glasgow feel a little like being put on display. Add to that that a love for football runs deep in this city, and whether you root for the Celtics or the Rangers could make or break your relationship.
With all of that said, there’s still plenty of opportunity for singles, it just takes time and patience (and a quick check of footie allegiances).
Where and how to start dating in Glasgow
Our recommendations for the best places to meet new people:
- The Raeburn Supper Club is a club for single men and women in Glasgow to meet and socialise, and a great, low-pressure way to get out there and make contact with fellow others.
- Rather play than watch? An adult rec sports league or a running club like the West End Road Runners is a good way to meet sporty singles.
- Or take a class! Tango, yoga, Spanish, college – the choices are vast and there’s a chance you’ll find a full-time study partner.
- Or you could do good while meeting Glasgow singles and volunteer with Young Friends of the Earth or the Youth Scotland programme.
Why online dating has many benefits to fall in love in Glasgow
When it comes down to it, dating the old-fashioned way, and you take in account the challenges mentioned before, you need to try other options to find and meet new people. Which is why singles here – and all over the UK – are increasingly turning going online to find love. Online dating has many advantages, the biggest one for people in Glasgow being that you’re not restricted to just singles in the immediate area – with online dating apps, you can also meet and get to know people within a distance.
Even better, online dating lets you get to know any potential partners at your own pace, from the comfort of your own home.
The success of online dating with eharmony
eharmoy puts singles in Glasgow and around the world together for over 20 years, which means that they know what it takes to foster those connections. For this reason, user profiles are long and full of the information you need to get to know someone.
On your eharmony profile, you can upload multiple photos and show off all the different sides of your personality. You can also add a ‘Personal Quote’ to give potential partners a snapshot of who you are. Feeling chatty? Let people know what you’re thinking about with the ‘What’s on My Mind’ section.
eharmony takes the stress out of writing your profile with a series of pre-prepared Icebreaker questions that you can use to initiate communication.
And if you want to be sure that any potential partners know the most important things about you right from the start, there’s a ‘Who Am I’ section with answers to four important questions:
- ‘I’m Thankful For’
- ‘Best Life Skills’
- ‘Things I Can’t Live Without’
- ‘My Friends Describe Me As…’
4 awesome first date ideas in Glasgow
- One of the best things about the city is its great bar scene – try October, Chinskis, or Brel for a great cocktail first date.
- Do dinner and a film with a twist at Eat Film, where you can watch a great movie while enjoying a really good meal.
- In search of a first date with an edge? Take your date to a performance at the Poetry Club for a culture-forward activity.
- Speaking of culture… a leisurely walk around one of Glasgow’s many museums makes for a great rainy-day first encounter.
Glasgow singles, don’t let the chance for love pass you by
Glasgow’s been called the ‘friendliest city in the world’ and for good reason – the people are warm and welcoming, and the city is packed with things to see and do, no matter whether you love football, history, food, or something else entirely. And while all of that’s fun… it’s even better with a partner. So don’t waste time; sign up for eharmony and start your Glasgow dating journey today.