It may be the other half of fabled Oxbridge, but there’s far more to Cambridge than just the university. Easily one of the most beautiful, historic locations in England, Cambridge also boasts a diverse population, pubs and restaurants galore, and even some lovely museums and gardens. Even better? Dating in Cambridge is a stellar idea, as the city has the third highest population of singles in the UK (52.5%).
Why Dating in Cambridge can be a challenge
While the percentage of singles is indeed high, there’s no getting around the fact that the town itself is relatively small, meaning the actual size of the Cambridge dating pool isn’t actually all that big. Plus, as we all know, Cambridge is a university town, which means many of those singles are college students, thus reducing the number of mature single men and women even further.
But take heart. Dating in Cambridge may not be easy, but it’s absolutely worth it to find that special someone in the right surroundings.
Where and how to meet singles in Cambridge
Meeting someone new once you’re no longer in university can be difficult. Here are some of the best places to meet new people:
- Take advantage of living in a university town and head to one of the many talks held at Cambridge University – it’s a great way to make contact with like-minded singles.
- Prefer working with your hands? Head to Makespace, where you can give your creativity free rein and get to know fellow crafty Cambridge singles.
- If you’re the sporty kind, there are any number of active leagues you can join, from football to ultimate Frisbee.
- Rather give your brain a workout? Head to one of Cambridge’s many pubs for trivia night and meet like-minded others.
Reasons for online dating in Cambridge with eharmony
There’s a lot to be said for living in a place like Cambridge… but a large dating pool isn’t one of them. Add to that that the small-town vibe here means chances are you already know most of the eligible singles around, and it’s no wonder that dating in Cambridge is rapidly shifting to technology. Online dating allows Cambridge singles to choose from a larger variety of potential partners while making it easy to find someone with the same interests.
And with eharmony, your journey towards finding love couldn’t be easier. With over 20 years of experience getting couples together, you’re in safe hands.
What are the first steps of your dating journey?
- First, you need an account. You can do this either by downloading the app (for iOS or Android) or going directly to eharmony.co.uk.
- Next, you select your gender, and the gender you’re looking for, then enter your email. You can also use your Apple or Facebook IDs if you’d like.
- Once you’ve set your account up, time to take the Compatibility Quiz. With around 80 questions the Quiz is the cornerstone of the eharmony system, so take your time.
- Now just sit back and let eharmony work its magic. Your responses are used to create a Personality Profile, which is fed into a Compatibility Matching System. This system uses 136 data points to ensure that they’ll only find people who match both your search criteria and your values.
- Once the matching process is done, it creates a Match List – a list of all the singles who’re compatible with you, sorted in order of highest to lowest. All that’s left is for you to make the first move!
4 of the most favorite first date ideas in Cambridge
- A night at the theatre is always a great first date idea, especially when you can see the Cambridge Footlights perform.
- For a more traditional first date, pack a picnic and head to one of Cambridge’s many gorgeous green spaces.
- If you and your date are music fans, Jazz @ John’s is a fantastic first date idea – great live music and reasonably priced drinks.
- Or escape the rain with an afternoon at the Fitzwilliam Museum before heading over to get ice cream at Jack’s Gelato once the weather clears.
Cambridge Singles, find your love story among these hallowed halls
It’s true that the university looms large over Cambridge, but there’s definitely more to life here than learning. Between the gorgeous buildings, thriving pub scene, and arts, there’s plenty to see and do for anyone interested in dating in Cambridge. So don’t wait; sign up for eharmony and find your special someone today.